How do I log sea service on two boats on a CG-719S for my USCG license?

Use separate CG-719S forms for each boat when logging sea service for USCG License. Even past boats count with the right documentation.

2 mins read・Apr 11, 2023
On this page

You need to use a separate CG-719S for each boat.

The CG-719S Form is vessel specific. It only applies to the vessel you listed at the top in Section I. So, you need a different form for each boat you've earned sea service time on. The good news is you can have as many forms as you want.

MM-SEAS makes it easy to store CG-719S forms for each boat. It also keeps the vessel information.

What if I have days from a previous boat that I sold?

Does the following situation sound familiar?

"I may need to record days from my previous boat which I sold before getting the current one. Do I fill out a separate form for each boat, or just log all the days in one form for both boats?"

You will log the sea service days on a separate form for each boat.

What if I have days on other people's boats?

If you served time on other people's boats, the owner needs to sign off on your time on their vessel, confirming that you worked the days listed on the form. In that case you sign in Section III as the applicant, and the owner signs as the owner attesting to your experience.

We hope this made your life a little easier and if you have other questions the MM-SEAS team is always here to help!

MM-SEAS is free to use on your own and if you need some more personalized help you can upgrade to MM-SEAS Pro inside of the site.

No matter what, when you are ready to submit your application, you can choose to have the MM-SEAS staff create a perfect application, handle the USCG application fees and work with the USCG on your behalf to resolve any issues for a flat fee of $349 or you can choose to submit on your own.

Pro MM-SEAS members get access to unlimited live 1 on 1 calls with one of our USCG Licensing Specialists. We've found that answering questions live with screen sharing in a video call makes both of our lives easier. Pro MM-SEAS members can access these features inside of MM-SEAS under License Guidance.

Need to renew, upgrade or get your first USCG license? We're here to help.

No matter if it is your first MMC, your second Upgrade or your fifth Renewal USCG Licensing is easy with MM-SEAS.
Sign Up for Free
Always Free | $349 if you file with us (Includes fees)

About the author

Nate Gilman
Nate Gilman

Nate has over 15 years of professional maritime experience and has hawsepiped his way to a 3rd Mate Unlimited Endorsement with full STCW compliance. He is proud veteran of the NOAA Commissioned Corps.

Recent Posts