top of page
  • Writer's pictureNate Gilman

Should I write “Master” or “Operator” when filling out my own CG-719S?

You can write either but we recommend Master as it leaves no confusion for the USCG evaluators that you were running your own boat.

When do I put Master for my Served As position on the CG-719S form?

If you are have command of the vessel you are serving as Master. This is defined by the USCG in 46 CFR § 10.107. You should always write in Master if you were the person in charge of the vessel. Captain will work but Master leaves zero room for interpretation by the USCG evaluators.

If you are using and you own the vessel, you can create perfect CG-719S forms inside of the app.

We hope this made your life a little easier and if you have other questions the MM-SEAS team is always here to help!

We do prefer to answer questions live with screen sharing to make both of our lives easier.

We hold free live virtual office hours Monday and Wednesday from 5:00 - 5:30 pm PT inside of under License Guidance and then Daily Office Hours.

Pro MM-SEAS members get access to our daily live office hours Monday thru Friday from 5:00 - 5:30 pm PT. You also get access to unlimited live 1 on 1 calls with one of our USCG Licensing Specialists. Pro MM-SEAS members can access these features inside of under License Guidance.

Need to renew, upgrade or get your first USCG license?
We're here to help.

Always Free | $299 if you file with us

(Includes fees)

bottom of page