top of page
  • Writer's pictureNate Gilman

Do you have to turn in passport photos as part of my USCG License renewal application?

Nope. You only needed to provide proof of identity, such as your passport, to get your license the first time. 

To renew your USCG License you only need to provide documentation in the MM-SEAS renewal checklist.

  1. If you have over 360 days you don't have to take the Open Book Take Home test

  2. If you don't have the 360 days, you can take training but we recommend you take the Open Book Take Home test. Cheaper, faster and way easier.

  3. You need to do your medical outside of MM-SEAS making sure you follow the steps on the CG719K

  4. A picture of your most recent MMC

  5. Your renewed TWIC or a TWIC exemption memo ( We can create these for you in seconds at MM-SEAS!)

  6. Negative Drug test documentation from a 5 panel drug test, your employer or a consortium

  7. We will take care of the fees for you

  8. Complete your user profile and make sure your mailing address is correct. It's where the USCG will send your new license!

We hope this made your life a little easier and if you have other questions the MM-SEAS team is always here to help!

We do prefer to answer questions live with screen sharing to make both of our lives easier. We hold free live virtual master classes Monday and Wednesday from 5:00 - 5:30 pm PT inside of under License Guidance and then Daily Master Classes. Pro MM-SEAS members get access to our daily live master classes and office hours Monday thru Friday from 5:00 - 5:30 pm PT. You also get access to unlimited live 1 on 1 calls with one of our USCG Licensing Specialists. Pro MM-SEAS members can access these features inside of under License Guidance.

Need to renew, upgrade or get your first USCG license?
We're here to help.

Always Free | $299 if you file with us

(Includes fees)

bottom of page