top of page
  • Writer's pictureNate Gilman

Where can I have my USCG Physical done for my Captains License?

Updated: Jan 19

Captain’s licenses such as the OUPV and Master license require a physical exam to be completed as part of the application process.

Any physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner who is licensed in the US or US Territory can sign off on your medical exam on the CG-719K form.

We suggest the following steps for success:

  1. Complete and print off a CG-719K form from the USCG NMC Medical website (

  2. Schedule your medical exam with a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner who is licensed in the US or US Territory.

  3. Bring the printed form CG-719K with you to your medical exam appointment and have your medical provider complete and sign the form.

When you have your exam make sure you help the doctor read the instructions for the hearing test portion. All a doctor needs to do is whisper from greater than 5 ft away from you. If you can hear it, you have normal hearing and you've passed!

Also make sure that you sign the form on Page 9, Section X: Applicant Signature. It’s one of the most common mistakes we hear about with CG719Ks!

After your exam, scan all 10 pages into a single pdf and then email the completed CG-719K form directly to Make sure to include your full name in the subject line of your email to medical. We always strongly suggest this format: Last, First, MMC Reference number. Mine would be: Gilman, Nate, 3473478.

For your Medical Certificate, the MM-SEAS team does not handle the medical side as we're not medical professionals. We do however help you with all of the Merchant Mariner Credential paperwork as we are Maritime Professionals!

We hope this made your life a little easier and if you have other questions the MM-SEAS team is always here to help!

We do prefer to answer questions live with screen sharing to make both of our lives easier.

We hold free live virtual master classes Monday and Wednesday from 5:00 - 5:30 pm PT inside of under License Guidance and then Daily Master Classes.

Pro MM-SEAS members get access to our daily live master classes and office hours Monday thru Friday from 5:00 - 5:30 pm PT. You also get access to unlimited live 1 on 1 calls with one of our USCG Licensing Specialists. Pro MM-SEAS members can access these features inside of under License Guidance.

Need to renew, upgrade or get your first USCG license?
We're here to help.

Always Free | $299 if you file with us

(Includes fees)

bottom of page